Associate Business Manager
New York, NY
A former artist manager, Brad Akin helps his clients make sound financial decisions and empowers them to become confident, financially minded CEOs of their businesses. As an associate business manager and a member of the firm since 2008, Brad spends much of his day-to-day listening and finding ways to help his team grow and better serve their clients. Brad’s specialty is managing international client touring and revenue, and he serves as a valuable adviser to his clients.
Behind the Scenes
Brad is a member of the Academy of Country Music, the Country Music Association and Women in Music. Brad has a successful second job as a parent, and when time allows, he enjoys volunteering with New York Cares.
Before joining FBMM, he worked as an artist manager at In De Goot Entertainment and at Intrigue Music.
Did you know?
• A highlight of his FBMM career was watching a stage musical grow from an idea to a Broadway production.
• Brad devoted time and resources to navigating COVID-19 relief programs, and at one point even joined his client in a livestream to discuss programs that could help musicians and their employees.
• Brad’s first concert was Autopilot Off – little did he know that he would one day work alongside the bass player of that band, Chris Hughes, at FBMM.
• Adoption advocacy and education has become an important part of Brad’s life.
• Brad’s hidden talent? Woodworking. He and his wife enjoy taking old furniture and turning it into something new.